Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kris Shaw to perform at Grumpy Dave's on Tuesday

Dave won't be frowning when a well-known comedian makes a stop at his pub this week.

Stand-up comic Kris Shaw will bring his coast-to-coast tour to Grumpy Dave's Pub on Tuesday. Dave Simon will be the warm-up act.

The set starts at 9 p.m. A $3 cover charge will be required for anyone attending (18-plus).

The Indianapolis native has traveled to hundreds of venues across the world in the seven full years he has been a professional, including Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio.

Shaw said he has been to Bowling Green at least five times in the past.

Patriotism is important to Shaw. The comic said he tries to thank the military prior to each show.

"I'm glad we have people who want to come over and fight for our country," Shaw said in an interview with U.S. Army. "I want to give back. I'm a giver. I want to entertain and do my part for the country, but I'm not a fighter."

Shaw performed overseas four times for the military and said each performance has been "awesome."

In an exclusive interview via Facebook Chat, Shaw explains how he got his start into comedy.

"My grandmother gave me a joke book in 1978 and I still have it," Shaw recalled when he was 5-years-old. "She owned a beauty salon and I used to go up and down the aisle to all the beauticians and their customers and tell them jokes. I was really shy at the time and it helped me come out of it."

And after being a professional comedian for nearly a decade, Shaw still loves the feeling of entertaining his audience and fans.

"I still do it because I love to see people happy and laughing. It's the highest compliment when you make someone laugh," he said.

Check back next week when Northwest Ohio comedy has a full recap of Shaw's performance.

Below is a clip of Shaw during a set in Jacksonville, Fla.






Video provided by Madison Comedy


No comments:

Post a Comment